Monday, January 3, 2011

An attainable resolution

Resolution - The state of being resolved, settled or determined; firmness; steadiness; constancy; determination. (Webster's 1913 dictionary)

Each year millions of people around the world make resolutions. I'm sure the vast majority of those resolution-makers are quite resolute. However, as the year creeps along, I'd venture to guess that probably two-thirds of those resolute resolution makers backslide or totally give up on their resolutions. I know this because I am a notorious backslider. I think maybe it's because we set ourselves up for failure by setting such lofty goals for the new year... "I resolve to never say another curse word AND to lose weight AND to work out six days a week AND to be the best mother in the world..." Yeah right. This year, I am resolving to just try harder. That's it. I'm going to try harder to be a kinder, gentler, stronger, happier and healthier person. And just trying harder to be a better person will make me a kinder, gentler, stronger, happier, healthier mother in the process. I'm resolute. :-)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! And I hope your 2011 is an amazing year filled with lots of hope and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment